Did that sound sarcastic? It wasn’t meant to. I can’t believe I’ve made 100 posts on this site so far. So many hours of reading and writing for this fragile little flower of a blog, and it’s really starting to blossom.
Look, I know it’s not about the numbers, but still–100 posts is a lot, as are some of my other numbers. When I started regularly posting here back in late August (not counting my first couple posts scattered over the months leading up to that), I had no idea if this would go anywhere. I had no blogging experience and was frankly a little daunted by some of the all-star book bloggers out there. Now, here I am, with over 50 reviews written, a little over 200 followers, and people whose taste in books I have gotten familiar with just from reading their posts and their comments on mine! I’ve spilled the tea on quite a few hot topics (and loved everyone’s spicy feedback on those). I’ve made too many lists and been tagged in a fair number of memes and other posts. Heck, I even got tagged for an award or two!
But enough bragging. The point is this has exceeded my expectations already, and it seems like it is on its way to keep doing that. Plus, all the time I spend on my blog is augmented by time perusing so many other excellent ones, which is a lovely bonus because y’all are so talented and sweet as well.
In the spirit of looking at some growth, here are a couple milestone posts of mine, for a trip down memory lane:
- First-ever review on this site: A People’s History of Heaven
- First review once I started making this a regular thing: Quichotte
- One random review of a book I loved from the interval between those two: Spin the Dawn
- My first write-up of an author event, the fall Fierce Reads tour
- My first (and only*) blog tour, for The Memory Thief
- That one time I got nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award
- The beginning of Spilling the Tea, this one about the Goodreads Choice Awards
- My first super-angry review (which, to be fair, was a transplant from Goodreads): Again, But Better
- My first book haul with pretty pictures! Jury is still out on whether I’ll ever make a Bookstagram, but…it’s still a consideration.
* Real talk: unfortunately, this book was one of my few DNFs last year–something about it just didn’t work for me–so the tour post ended up only being a promo, after asking the hosts what to do. Since then, I’ve signed up for probably 8 or 10 more blog tours with FFBC but haven’t gotten selected for any. They said there’s nothing wrong with my applications or anything, but…anyone else who is more experienced who might have tips on how to get in on those? Because I always sign up right away, like within an hour of the email being sent, and I have put in comments on the ones I’m especially excited for, but nothing has worked…
Thanks for sticking with me up to post #100, guys! Here’s to many more in the future. If there is anything on this site that you would like to see more (or less) of, or if you have thoughts on posts/topics I should try, let me know in the comments.